Free from sugar, grain, gluten, dairy & eggs.
Keto, low carb, vegan, paleo.
PREP TIME: 5-10MINS | COOK TIME: 25MINS | SERVINGS: 3-5 (Depending on whether its a main or side dish)
This roasted chickpea carrot salad is a great vegan dish for spring. Quick to make and full of healthy fat, fibre, and plant-based protein. For those who want more flavour and can tolerate dairy; drizzle this roast carrot salad with mint yoghurt dressing and toasted pepitas.
- Large mixing bowl
- Greased baking sheets
- Roasting Tray
- Food Processor (for dressing)
- Large serving bowl
- 6–7 large organic Rainbow carrots or orange and purple carrots
- 280g can organic drained chickpeas
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup organic olive oil
- 1/2 tsp organic balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp organic ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp organic paprika
- 1/4 tsp organic garlic salt
- ¼ tsp organic black pepper
- optional crushed red pepper
- Fresh organic parsley
For the Apple Cider Tahini Dressing:
- ¼ cup organic tahini or almond butter
- 1/2 tbsp organic ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar)
- 1/4 tsp organic celtic sea salt
- 1 tbsp organic maple syrup
- 1 dash of organic black Pepper
- 2–3 tbsp warm organic almond milk or coconut milk
- Optional mustard powder ¼ tsp or 1/4 tsp organic cumin
All these ingredients can be found both online and in our store located at 47 Maroubra Road, Maroubra.
- Preheat oven to 220C. Rinse and slice carrots then drain chickpeas.
- Place in large bowl together. Add the rest of your oil, spices, and balsamic vinegar.
- Toss all together. Lay flat on greased baking sheets.
- Roast at 220C for 25-30 minutes, turning halfway. While carrots are roasting, make the dressing (directions below).
For the Dressing:
- Blend all ingredients together in food processor or blender. Adjust sweetness or creaminess to your liking. You can thin it out with more vinegar or oil or make more creamy thick texture by add more tahini.
- Remove carrots from oven and sprinkle with a bit of sea salt and crushed pepper.
- Place carrots and roasted garbanzo beans in large serving bowl.
- Add dressing on top (as much or as little as you desire).
- Toss all together and garnish with parsley.
- Serve the roasted veggies on top of a bed of lettuce and baby kale with dressing and goats’ cheese on top.
- Any type of carrot or colour will work.
- The apple cider tahini dressing is optional but very good. You can use almond butter in place of the tahini if desired. Just make sure its natural and creamy.
- Nutrition shown is based on salad without dressing. If you add dressing, it’s closer to 275 -300 calories depending on if you want to use it as a side dish or main meal.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 231
- Sugar: 5.4g
- Sodium: 272.7mg
- Fat: 15.2g
- Saturated Fat: 2.1g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fibre: 6.5g
- Protein: 4.7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg