Organic, Keto Lemon Bars
Free from refined sugar, grain, gluten & dairy.
Paleo, keto and vegan friendly.
PREP TIME: 10MINS | COOK TIME 45MINS | TOTAL TIME: 55MINS | SERVINGS 16 | CALORIES 336k
Easy-peasy, gently sweet and super refreshing! These moist Keto lemon bars will blow you away. Check out the post for lots of topping ideas and variations, from sugar free lemon drizzle to low carb lemon curd frosting.
- Mixing bowl
- Parchment or baking paper
- Baking dish 8x8 inches
- 1 cup organic butter, melted
- 3 1/2 cup organic almond flour, divided
- 2 cup powdered erythritol, divided
- 6 medium, organic lemons (for juice and lemon zest)
- 6 large organic eggs
All the above ingredients can be found both online and in our store located at 47 Maroubra Road, Maroubra.
- Mix butter, 1 cup almond flour, 1/4 cup erythritol, and a pinch of salt. Press evenly into an 8×8″ parchment paper-lined baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes at 190 degrees C. Then, let cool for 10 minutes.
- Into a bowl, zest one of the lemons, then juice all 3 lemons, add the eggs, 3/4 cup erythritol, 3/4 cup almond flour & pinch of salt. Combine to make filling.
- Pour the filling onto the crust & bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve with lemon slices and a sprinkle of erythritol.
- Leave to cool completely before cutting or removing from the pan. Almond flour cakes are fragile when hot, but they firm up as they cool down.
- The cake is only gently sweet. Please taste and increase sweetener to your liking if necessary before you place in the oven.
- If adding vanilla extract to crust is something you’re used to, feel free to mix 1/2 tsp into the crust.
- Ensure the bars cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting.
- Cutting the bars with dental floss is a GREAT way to get a clean cut.
- Wait until the cake is COMPLETELY cooled (at least 30 minutes) before dusting with powdered sweetener and cutting. If it's still warm, the erythritol melts into an unsightly sludge.
Serving Size: 1 bar
Carbohydrates: 4g net