No Bake Chocolate Cherry Energy Balls
Free from refined sugar, grain, gluten, dairy & eggs.
Vegan & Paleo Friendly.
PREP TIME: 5 MINS | COOK TIME: 25 MINS | TOTAL TIME: 30 MINS | SERVINGS: 15 BALLS | CALORIES: 81
These No-Bake Chocolate Cherry Energy Bites are completely refined sugar-free, gluten-free, and vegan, making them a suitable snack idea for many dietary restrictions. They’re easy to make and filled with simple, healthy ingredients (unlike processed energy bars in the stores) for those needing a little pick-me-up during the day.
To make sure you pack all that energy into your energy balls, you’ll also want to add in protein packed nuts, like activated almonds, pecans, or walnuts.
Why use activated nuts?
Increased nutritional value and better digestion.
By soaking nuts and seeds, Soaking and sprouting almonds removes some of their naturally occurring antinutrients that act as inhibitors and block the body from absorbing some minerals. Without the inhibitors and toxic substances, the nutrients of the nuts and seeds are easier for our bodies to digest.
Benefits of making your own energy balls:
- You can control all the ingredients that go into your energy balls
- They only take about 10 minutes to make and last over a week in the fridge
- They’re an easy snack for all the family
- You can create any flavour combination you want based on dietary requirements
- Food processor or heavy-duty kitchen blender
- 1 cup insect-free, activated raw almonds
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate or chocolate drops (at least 70% cacao)
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 2 cups certified organic dates, pitted
- 1/4 tsp ground organic cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp celtic sea salt
All the above ingredients can be found both online and in our store located at 47 Maroubra Road, Maroubra.
- Add the almonds to the food processor and blend until chopped, but not all the way to a flour.
- Add in the dried cherries, dark chocolate, pitted dates, ground cinnamon, and sea salt.
- Process until an even texture.
- Carefully grab a small handful and roll into about 1-inch balls - the mixture will stick to itself pretty easily. You should be able to make about 12-15 energy balls.
- Place the energy bites into the fridge for about 15 minutes to set. These energy balls will keep fresh in an air-tight for up to a week or you could freeze for longer.
Amount Per Serving (1 bite)
Calories 81Calories from Fat 29
% Daily Value*
Fat 3.2g 5%
Saturated Fat 1.7g 9%
Cholesterol 0.5mg 0%
Sodium 116mg 5%
Carbohydrates 14.6g 5%
Fiber 3.3g 13%
Sugar 9.1g 10%
Protein 2.1g 4%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.