Mexican Cauliflower (Caulipower) Tortillas
Free from sugar, grain, gluten & dairy.
Paleo, keto and vegan friendly.
PREP TIME: 30MINS | COOK TIME 20MINS | TOTAL TIME: 50MINS | SERVINGS 6 | CALORIES 37
Cauliflower Tortillas are the delicious, better-for-you swap for tacos, enchiladas, quesadillas, and a great low-carb alternative. Its benefits include a good source of fibre, slows digestion and promotes feelings of fullness. Made with certified organic cauliflower and ready in minutes, these tortillas will reinvent the way you do taco night.
- Baking paper
- Food processor
- Cheesecloth or thin dish towel
- Medium bowl
- Baking tray
- 3/4 large head organic cauliflower (or two cups riced)
- 2 large organic eggs (Vegans, sub flax eggs)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander or parsley
- 1/2 medium organic lime, juiced and zested
- salt & pepper, to taste
All the above ingredients can be found both online and in our store located at 47 Maroubra Road, Maroubra.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C., and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Trim the cauliflower, cut it into small, uniform pieces, and pulse in a food processor in batches until you get a couscous-like consistency. The finely riced cauliflower should make about 2 cups packed.
- Place the cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 2 minutes, then stir and microwave again for another 2 minutes. If you don't use a microwave, a steamer works just as well. Place the cauliflower in a fine cheesecloth or thin dishtowel and squeeze out as much liquid as possible, being careful not to burn yourself. Dishwashing gloves are suggested as it is very hot.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs. Add in cauliflower, coriander or parsley, lime, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined. Use your hands to shape 6 small "tortillas" on the parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes, carefully flip each tortilla, and return to the oven for an additional 5 to 7 minutes, or until completely set. Place tortillas on a wire rack to cool slightly.
- Heat a medium-sized skillet on medium. Place a baked tortilla in the pan, pressing down slightly, and brown for 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
Serving: 1tortilla | Calories: 37kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | SaturatedFat: 0g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 39mg | Potassium: 182mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | VitaminA: 135IU | VitaminC: 25.9mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 0.5mg |