Cookie Dough Ice Cream with Chocolate Chips (Paleo, Vegan, Nut Free)
Free from refined sugar, grain, gluten, dairy & eggs.
Vegan & Paleo Friendly.
PREP TIME: 35 MINS | FREEZING TIME: 3 HOURS | SERVINGS: 16
Try this chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream which is super easy to make and a lot healthier than anything you can purchase in the store. This homemade coconut vanilla ice cream is packed with edible cookie dough chunks and like it says above, it’s dairy-free, refined sugar free, paleo, and vegan friendly.
- Ice Cream Maker
- Mixing Bowl
- Freezer Safe Container
For The Ice Cream:
- 1 can full fat organic coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups organic coconut cream (this is the thick part of a chilled can of coconut) OR you can buy coconut cream on its own
- 1/2 cup organic pure maple sugar
- 1 Tbsp organic pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp fine organic grain sea salt
Cookie dough version with almond flour
- 1 cup organic blanched almond flour
- 3 Tbsp organic coconut sugar or maple sugar
- 2 Tbsp organic coconut oil melted
- 2 Tbsp organic almond milk
- 1 tsp organic pure vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/3 cup organic dark chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate, dairy free and soy free
- You will need an ice cream maker for this recipe. Make sure the bowl for the ice cream maker has been in the freezer for at least 48 hours before beginning.
- Make the cookie dough first. For both versions, mix together all ingredients except for the chocolate well until a smooth dough forms, then stir in the chocolate chips. For the almond flour version, chill the mixture until you can roll it into balls, about 20 minutes.
- For the ice cream, blend all ingredients in a high speed blender until thick and creamy. Get your ice cream maker ready and transfer the mixture to the bowl of the ice cream maker. Churn for 20 minutes or until you reach at least soft serve consistency. At the very end of churning, stir in the cookie dough balls or chunks.
- Transfer the ice cream to a freezer safe container and freeze for about 3 hours before serving. The ice cream will freeze hard, so after being frozen overnight you’ll need to thaw on the countertop or the fridge to make it scoop-able. Enjoy!
- Calories: 239kcal
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Protein: 3g
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 14g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Sodium: 41mg
- Potassium: 143mg
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 8g
- Vitamin C: 0.8mg
- Calcium: 62mg
- Iron: 1.1mg