Grain-Free Cauliflower Fried Rice
Contrary to your initial thoughts, the humble cauliflower can taste amazing when mixed with the right ingredients. This recipe for cauliflower fried rice amps up the natural, neutral flavour of this cruciferous vegetable when mixed with other organic fresh veggies, spices, and meat (optional). Plus, you can have it ready in only 20 minutes!
Cauliflower is incredibly versatile — you can use it to make low-carb versions of pizza base, alfredo sauce and even as a replacement for oatmeal.
Cauliflower fried rice pairs well with just about dinner meal and this is just another way to take advantage of its high fibre properties and micro-nutrients in one easy, hot-pot meal. While this recipe uses bacon or beef and an array of veggies, you can easily swap out bacon for vegetarian options, “green-zone” produce, and add your favourite anti-inflammatory spices.
Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 10 min | Total Time: 20 mins | Serves 3-4
- 2 tablespoons of avocado oil or organic coconut oil
- 2 organic eggs, beaten
- 1 inch piece of organic ginger, freshly grated
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly ground cumin seeds, or organic ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon organic ground turmeric
- 1 organic leek, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of organic peas
- 2 cups of organic shallots or spring onions
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 medium organic carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 1 organic celery stick, finely diced
- ½ cup of diced organic pineapple
- 4 slices pasture-raised, nitrate-free bacon, roughly diced (or organic minced meat)
- 1 large head of organic cauliflower, riced (or 5-6 cups pre-riced cauliflower)
- Fresh organic parsley, sliced onions, and lemon wedges to garnish
- In a wide saucepan on medium heat, add organic coconut oil.
- When pan has heated, add carrots, celery, peas, shallots, pineapple, fresh ginger, eggs, leeks and rosemary sprigs. Cook for 3 minutes to soften.
- Add bacon (or minced meat) and spices to the pan. Raise heat to medium-high and crisp bacon for up to 3 minutes, stirring frequently. If using minced meat, cook till lightly brown.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add cauliflower rice to the pan and cook for 3 minutes or until just softened.
Serve warm with garnishes of choice.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 335
- Protein: 12.3g
- Carbs: 24.4g
- Fibre: 7.9g
- Sugar: 9.1g
- Net Carbs: 16.5g
- Fat: 24.8g
- Saturated Fat: 6.2g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 10g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Salt: 614.4mg
- Potassium: 1108.9mg
- Vitamin A: 5926.9mg
- Vitamin C: 149.5mg
- Calcium: 109.1mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Zinc: 0.9mg