Paleo Organic & Biodynamic Egg Muffins
Prep Time: 5mins | Cook Time: 25mins | Total Time: 30mins | Severs 6 | 124 Calories
Looking for a breakfast meal or healthy snack you can freeze? Then look no further than these Paleo Breakfast Egg Muffins which are the perfect grab-and-go option for busy mornings! Loaded with organic capsicum, kale, and delicious organic full meat sausage. This recipe is Paleo, Whole30, low-carb, and keto friendly.
- Non-stick, 12 cup muffin pan
- Glass mixing bowl set
- Silicon baking cups
- 9 Mulloon Creek Farm Organic & Biodynamic eggs
- 250g ground organic beef breakfast sausage
- 1 organic red capsicum, diced
- ½ cup of organic shallots or spring onions
- 1/2 cup organic kale, chopped
- 2 tsp organic turmeric + curcumin powder
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees, spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray or use silicone baking cups in muffin tin.
- Make the ground sausage or if using store-bought sausage, brown the sausage in a skillet over medium heat. Discard the grease.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the eggs, sausage, red and yellow bell pepper, kale, and pepper together until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the muffin tin and only fill 3/4 of the way and bake for 20-25 minutes. Allow the muffins to cool, then remove from muffin tin.
Can I freeze these paleo breakfast egg muffins?
Absolutely. But first you must allow them to cool completely and then wrap them in 100% biodegradable plastic wrap and foil and freeze. They will last in the freezer for up to 3 months. To reheat simply unwrap the muffins and bake them in the oven or you can use a toaster oven.
Alternate egg muffin combinations:
- Ham and cheese
- Pizza flavour (tomato, basil, mozzarella cheese)
- Buffalo chicken (diced cooked chicken and buffalo sauce)
- Bacon and cheese (sharp cheddar, white cheddar, smoked gouda)
- Broccoli and cheddar cheese