You’ve probably noticed coconut oil always attracts a lot of conflicting publicity and is a general topic of conversation on everyone’s lips. You may also have noticed it’s on everyone’s face (to effectively remove make), in their hair (as a natural, supercharged conditioner), on their skin (as a non-toxic edible moisturiser), in their fry pans and even replacing toxic vegetable oils on their salads.
Nothing screams “multi-purpose” more than a good virgin, organic coconut oil (not the refined stuff) for the body, mind and soul. And we reckon we have the best there is to offer in Australia.
Adding coconut oil daily to your beauty and health regime is one of the most cost-effective and easiest ways to improve your health, wellbeing and not harm the environment.
Note: Saturated fat in coconut oil does not cause heart disease, sugar and eating inflammatory foods do.
Here’s a link to a 2017 “landmark systematic review and meta-analysis from observational studies” from the British Medical Journal “found no association between saturated fat and coronary heart disease, ischaemic stroke, or type two diabetes in healthy adults.”
This content is strictly the researched opinion of BioHax Australia and is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of medical advice or treatment from a personal doctor or health care professional. All viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither BioHax Australia nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their doctor before beginning any nutrition, supplement or lifestyle program.
Here’s some tips on how to incorporate coconut oil and its endless benefits:
- Superfood – it helps reduce fat loss, improves brain function, protects hair from damage and skin including dandruff, dermatitis eczema and chapped lips.
- Coconut oil is high in healthy saturated fats with potent medicinal properties, which raise good HDL cholesterol in your blood linked to reduced heart disease risk.
- Populations that eat a lot of coconut oil are healthy.
- Coconut oil can increase fat burning.
- Coconut oil can kill harmful microorganisms.
- Coconut oil can reduce your hunger and curb your appetite.
- The fatty acids in coconuts may reduce seizures, reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s and increase memory.
- Coconut oil can protect organ function and help clear up UTI’s, kidney infections and give your pancreas a break by easing the metabolic strain.
- It can reduce the risk of seizures in epileptic children.
- It can be used to treat inflammation, arthritis and osteoporosis.
Coconut Oil to Treat Cancer
This benefit can occur in two ways:
- When we digest coconut oil, ketones are produced (keytone bodies are one of the products of fat burning used in the body). They contain energy that the body can utilise but tumour cells can’t use keytones are dependent on glucose for energy and to thrive. That’s why recent studies have shown ketogenic diets could help cancer patients recover.
- As the MCT’s (medium chain triglycerides – a unique fatty acid naturally found in coconut oil) digest the lipid walls of bacteria, they also can kill a specific bacteria known to increasing the risk of stomach cancer called, Helicobacter pylori.
Studies have found 2 tablespoons (30 ml) seems to be an effective dose and shown to benefit weight, by reduce abdominal fat and improve other health markers.
Links to further studies below have shown some groups used up to 2.5 tablespoons (39 grams) per day, depending on calorie intake (1, 2, 3, 4).
Two tablespoons provide about 18 grams of medium-chain triglycerides (MCT’s) , which is within the range of 15–30 grams and shown to increase metabolic rate.
Eating 2 tablespoons (30 ml) per day still leaves room for other healthy fats in your diet, such as nuts, extra virgin oil and avocados.
Recommended intake: Take 1 teaspoon per day, gradually increasing to 2 tablespoons per day over 1–2 weeks.
Sydney Delivery Zone
If you're in the Eastern Suburbs, Sydney Delivery Zone - All products can be ordered and will be shipped via our BioHax Delivery service. Delivery 7 days from 8am-8pm.
Out of Sydney Delivery Zone, NSW & Australia
If you're out of the Sydney Delivery Zone - only non-perishables can be ordered and are shipped via Sendle for (Metro) and Australia Post (Regional)
Out of Sydney Delivery Zone - 3-5 Days
NSW & Australia - 3-7 Days
Only non-perishables can be ordered and are shipped via (Australia Post)
International Delivery Times - 5-10 Days
Product Categories Explained:
Non-Perishables = essential oils, beauty and cooking oils, raw minerals and supplements
Dry goods = herbs, spices, coffee
Perishables = vegetables, herbs, fruit, eggs, F&G boxes, stock broth and liquid broth
Can I request to sign for my order?
Please advise if you would like to physically sign for your package and we will ensure the driver does not leave your order until it has been signed. This information is acquired during the checkout process, before payment, under “delivery instructions”. We also ship to PO boxes by only if shipping is via Australia Post. If you would like to sign for your order and it’s being shipped via Australia Post, there is an additional $2 service fee.
Note: if you request for your order to be signed on delivery and no one is home to sign when the courier arrives, we are unable to take responsibility for any items that have spoiled as a result of being returned to our third-party transport company.
If it is perishable items (fresh produce & broth), we prefer not to leave it outside for more than an hour and recommend having someone home; friend, neighbour or family member to sign for it.