How To Maximise the Shelf Life of Shallots
- How long do shallots last? This depends to a large extent on storage conditions - after purchasing, keep whole raw shallots in a dry, dark area.
- How long do shallots last at room temperature? Whole raw shallots will last for 1 to 2 months in a cool (6-12° C; warmer than the refrigerator, but colder than normal room temperature) dark area.
- If a cool, dark area is not available, then shallots should be refrigerated to ensure maximum shelf life.
- How long do shallots last in the refrigerator? Properly stored, whole raw shallots will last for 1 to 2 months in the refrigerator.
- Can you freeze raw shallots? Yes, to freeze: (1) Peel, then slice or chop shallots; (2) Place in airtight containers or heavy-duty freezer bags or wrap tightly in heavy-duty aluminium foil or plastic wrap.
- How long do raw shallots last in the freezer? Properly stored, they will maintain best quality for about 10 to 12 months but will remain safe beyond that time.
- The freezer time shown is for best quality only - shallots that have been kept constantly frozen at 0°C will keep safe indefinitely.
- How to tell if shallots are bad or spoiled? Shallots that are spoiling will typically become soft and discoloured and will often develop dark patches; discard any shallots that have an off smell or appearance.
Sydney Delivery Zone
If you're in the Eastern Suburbs, Sydney Delivery Zone - All products can be ordered and will be shipped via our BioHax Delivery service. Delivery 7 days from 8am-8pm.
Out of Sydney Delivery Zone, NSW & Australia
If you're out of the Sydney Delivery Zone - only non-perishables can be ordered and are shipped via Sendle for (Metro) and Australia Post (Regional)
Out of Sydney Delivery Zone - 3-5 Days
NSW & Australia - 3-7 Days
Only non-perishables can be ordered and are shipped via (Australia Post)
International Delivery Times - 5-10 Days
Product Categories Explained:
Non-Perishables = essential oils, beauty and cooking oils, raw minerals and supplements
Dry goods = herbs, spices, coffee
Perishables = vegetables, herbs, fruit, eggs, F&G boxes, stock broth and liquid broth
Can I request to sign for my order?
Please advise if you would like to physically sign for your package and we will ensure the driver does not leave your order until it has been signed. This information is acquired during the checkout process, before payment, under “delivery instructions”. We also ship to PO boxes by only if shipping is via Australia Post. If you would like to sign for your order and it’s being shipped via Australia Post, there is an additional $2 service fee.
Note: if you request for your order to be signed on delivery and no one is home to sign when the courier arrives, we are unable to take responsibility for any items that have spoiled as a result of being returned to our third-party transport company.
If it is perishable items (fresh produce & broth), we prefer not to leave it outside for more than an hour and recommend having someone home; friend, neighbour or family member to sign for it.