How To Maximise The Shelf Life of Capsicums
- How long do capsicums last in the fridge? After purchasing, keep them refrigerated at all times.
- To maximize the shelf life, store in a plastic bag in the vegetable crisper of refrigerator.
- Green capsicums will usually last longer than orange or red.
- How long they last in the refrigerator? Properly stored, they will usually keep well for 1 to 2 weeks in the fridge.
- Do you need to wash them before eating them? Yes, they should be thoroughly washed in running water before eating.
- How long do they last after they have been sliced or chopped? Chopped will last for about 2 to 3 days in the refrigerator.
- How long do they last in the fridge once they have been cooked? Cooked will usually stay good for 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator and 10 to 12 months in the freezer.
- Can you freeze capsicums? Yes, to freeze: (1) Slice or chop (2) Spread in a single layer on cookie tray (3) Freeze, then promptly transfer frozen capsicums from cookie tray to airtight containers or heavy-duty freezer bags and return to freezer.
- How long do they last in the freezer? Properly stored, they will maintain best quality for about 10 to 12 months but will remain safe beyond that time.
- The freezer time shown is for best quality only - capsicums that have been kept constantly frozen at 0° F will keep safe indefinitely.
- How to tell if a capsicum is bad or spoiled? Bell peppers that are spoiling will typically become soft and discoloured; discard any bell peppers that have an off smell or appearance.
Sydney Delivery Zone
If you're in the Eastern Suburbs, Sydney Delivery Zone - All products can be ordered and will be shipped via our BioHax Delivery service. Delivery 7 days from 8am-8pm.
Out of Sydney Delivery Zone, NSW & Australia
If you're out of the Sydney Delivery Zone - only non-perishables can be ordered and are shipped via Sendle for (Metro) and Australia Post (Regional)
Out of Sydney Delivery Zone - 3-5 Days
NSW & Australia - 3-7 Days
Only non-perishables can be ordered and are shipped via (Australia Post)
International Delivery Times - 5-10 Days
Product Categories Explained:
Non-Perishables = essential oils, beauty and cooking oils, raw minerals and supplements
Dry goods = herbs, spices, coffee
Perishables = vegetables, herbs, fruit, eggs, F&G boxes, stock broth and liquid broth
Can I request to sign for my order?
Please advise if you would like to physically sign for your package and we will ensure the driver does not leave your order until it has been signed. This information is acquired during the checkout process, before payment, under “delivery instructions”. We also ship to PO boxes by only if shipping is via Australia Post. If you would like to sign for your order and it’s being shipped via Australia Post, there is an additional $2 service fee.
Note: if you request for your order to be signed on delivery and no one is home to sign when the courier arrives, we are unable to take responsibility for any items that have spoiled as a result of being returned to our third-party transport company.
If it is perishable items (fresh produce & broth), we prefer not to leave it outside for more than an hour and recommend having someone home; friend, neighbour or family member to sign for it.