Organic Beef & Kale Instant Pot Soup
Free from grain, gluten, dairy, sugar and eggs.
When the leaves change and the temperatures drop dramatically, nothing beats a hot, comforting bowl of nutritious soup. It’s the perfect way to welcome the coldest season of the year, chase away the winter chill and heal the gut.
These naturally sweet and savory ingredients mixed together are delicious. There’s also a touch of cayenne pepper and turmeric powder for that extra kick. This recipe also fits into paleo, GAPS, keto, and whole30 diets.
A good instant pot, homemade broth, whether it’s from beef, chicken, fish, or vegetables contains large amounts of minerals and vitamins. These nutrients combined help boost your immune system (especially at this time of the year) and help to heal anti-inflammatory disease along with allergies and asthma.
- 5-6 Litre Instant Pot – dimensions: 17 x 14.84 x 13.31 inches
- Small mixing bowl
- Measuring cup
- 450g certified organic, grass-fed, grass finished, ground beef
- 2-3 cups fresh organic kale, chopped
- 1 organic onion, diced
- 3 cloves, organic garlic, minced
- 2 litres chicken, beef broth, or veggie broth
- 2 tbsp, tapioca starch (optional, leave out for GAPS)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (optional)
- 1/8 tsp. organic cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp. organic turmeric + curcumin powder
- 2 tsp. slippery elm (optional for leaky gut syndrome)
- 1 tsp. Tasmanian Bull Kelp (loaded with iodine, minerals and nutrients - optional)
- Add the chopped organic ground beef, onion, minced garlic, and broth (meat or veggie) to the Instant Pot. Stir around a little to break up the meat. Put on the lid, seal the vent, and press ‘manual.’ Push the ‘+/-‘ button to set the instant pot for 8 minutes.
- When the Instant Pot has finished, quick release the pressure.
- In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, add the tapioca starch and whisk into the coconut milk.
- Add it to the soup and stir. If you’re opting out of the tapioca starch, you can just add the coconut milk. If you have leaky gut syndrome, you can add 2 tsp, slippery elm.
- Add remaining ingredients and serve.