Vegan + Gluten Free, Veggie Fries
Here’s a healthy alternative to deep-fried chips with a variety of root vegetables to bake and not one potato in sight. This colourful medley of below ground vegetables are high in essential vitamins with a range of flavours. Enjoy them on their own, alongside other proteins or as a snack.
- Baking dish
- Baking sheet/parchment paper
- 1 cup sliced organic onions
- 2 cups sliced organic sweet potatoes
- 1 cup sliced organic turnips
- 1 cup sliced organic red capsicum
- 1 cup of sliced organic beetroot
- 1 cup of sliced organic carrots
- 1 cup of sliced organic mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons organic black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped organic garlic or garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chopped organic ginger
- Pink Himalayan sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees.
- Cut vegetables into long thin strips (like chips).
- Place them all in a bowl with melted organic coconut oil (best for using with high temperatures as the they don’t burn easily) and add salt, pepper, garlic and ginger.
- Place on a baking sheet with under layer of parchment paper in over for about 40 minutes at 220 degrees. Turn the vegetables half way through to ensure both sides are brown.
- Keep watch on them during the last 10 minutes, as you may need to take some out before the others.
- Dip in sauce of your choice.