Organic No Bake Paleo Granola Bars
Free from refined sugar, grain, gluten, dairy & eggs.
Keto, low carb, paleo, organic.
PREP TIME: 15 MINS | CHILL TIME: 2 HOURS | SERVINGS: 20 BARS
Looking for some healthier snacks or something to spare you from some hangry moments? These bars are delicious and easy to make with basic pantry ingredients. They can pass as a quick breakfast, with just enough sweet to keep you energised for a few hours.
It's a combination of chewy, crunchy, sweet and salty all in the one bite, and with an added bonus - they're grain free! Loaded with raisins, dark chocolate chips, coconut flakes, nuts, manuka honey and packed with essential healthy fats, even the kids will approve.
Granola bars to the rescue!
- Food processor
- Large mixing bowl
- 8 x 8 inch square pan (use 9x9 pan if you want them thinner)
- Parchment/baking paper
1 cup certified organic, raw pecan halves or walnuts
- 1 cup certified organic, raw almonds
- 1 cup certified organic raw cashews
- 1 cup certified organic, coconut flakes
- 1 tsp certified organic cinnamon
- 1 cup certified organic raisins
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or 1/4 for less salty
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil melted (use refined for no coconut flavour)
- 1/4 cup certified organic, smooth almond butter
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp manuka honey (raw is also fine)
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup certified organic, mini, dark, chocolate chips (dairy free, soy free)
All the above ingredients can be found both online and in our store located at 47 Maroubra Road, Maroubra.
- Place all the nuts in a food processor and pulse several times to “chop” them into a crumbly texture - a few larger pieces are a good thing - don’t overmix
- Transfer the nuts to a large mixing bowl and stir in coconut flakes, cinnamon, salt, and raisins to evenly combine.
- Place melted coconut oil in a small sauce pan and whisk in the almond butter and honey. Set heat to low and whisk while honey and almond butter melt. Once mixture is smooth and well combined, remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the wet mixture into the large bowl with the dry ingredients and stir to fully combine, use a silicone spatula for this step. Thoroughly mix to make sure all the dry mixture is coated. Once coated, gently stir in the chocolate chips.
- Line an 8 x 8” or 9 x 9” square pan with parchment paper along the bottom and sides, with extra up the sides for easy removal. Transfer mixture in and press down, using your hands, or another piece of parchment paper to get it packed tightly into the pan.
- Cover the top with parchment or plastic wrap, then set in the freezer for at least 1 hour to firm, or longer if you have time.
- Remove pan from freezer and grab two ends of the parchment paper to remove the bars, set on a cutting board.
- Using a long very sharp knife, cut into 20 bars. You can wrap them in parchment individually storing in the fridge (for up to two weeks) or freezer for longer.
- Bars will start to melt around room temp due to the coconut oil, so they’ll need to be kept chilled in the fridge to stay firm.