Giant Banana Chocolate Chip Cookie
Free from refined sugar, gluten, and dairy-free option.
Keto, low carb, paleo, vegan, organic.
PREP TIME: 15 MINS | COOK TIME: 30 MINS | SERVINGS: 4
This Giant (Vegan option) Banana Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie is loaded with healthy fats, sweetened with bananas, and certified organic maple sugar, packed with dark organic chocolate chips and organic walnuts. Gluten-free, grain-free, paleo, and dairy-free option too! Bake it in a cast-iron skillet and you'll have enough to serve a crowd.
- Large mixing bowl
- 9" cast iron pan or 9" cake pan or square pan
- 2 certified organic eggs
- Vegan option: 2 flax eggs, 2 tbsp flaxseed + 5 tbsp water, set aside for 10-15 mins
- 2 medium, certified organic bananas overripe, mashed
- 1/3 cup smooth organic almond butter unsweetened (any nut butter will work)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp organic maple sugar or organic coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp organic coconut oil refined, melted
- 1 1/2 tsp organic pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups blanched almond flour
- 1.5 tsp organic cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp organic baking soda
- 1/2 tsp fine grain sea salt
- 2/3 cup organic dark chocolate chips dairy and soy-free or chopped dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup chopped organic walnuts
All the above ingredients can be found both online and in our store located at 47 Maroubra Road, Maroubra.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 9” cast iron pan. Alternatively, you can bake in a 9” cake pan or square pan.
- Add the real eggs or if vegan, prepare the flax eggs as described above and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the eggs, mashed banana, nut butter, sugar/syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla. Vegan: once flax eggs have thickened, stir them in as well.
- Then in the same bowl, add the almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt, mix well to form a thick batter. Fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts, leaving out a handful or two to sprinkle on top before baking.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared skillet or pan, then sprinkle remaining chocolate chips and walnuts over the top.
- Bake 28-32 minutes or until edges are browned and the top is set. Remove from oven and allow the skillet to cool on a wire rack for about 15-20 minutes, or until the skillet is cool enough to handle. Slice and serve, or simply dig in! I
- Optional: top with coconut vanilla ice cream, but a great coconut yogurt will work well too if you want it to be “breakfast-y”. Enjoy!