Healthy Sausage Rolls
If you've been thinking of a way to justify incorporating these bad boys into your weekly meal prep - then we’ve just solved your dilemma. Your whole family will fall in love with these gluten-free sausage rolls, which are full of healthy ingredients by Sophie Guidolin, Nutritionist and Fitness Model.
Enjoy them your way - with salad for dinner, as a tasty lunch, for a romantic picnic date - or whatevs!
- 4 Reduced Fat or Gluten Free Puff Pastry Sheets
- 1 organic carrot
- 1 organic celery
- 1 organic brown onion
- 1 organic zucchini
- 500g lean beef mince meat
- 1 organic egg
- Dash of Milk of your choice
- 1 Clove organic garlic Italian
Side note: to make it even healthier, swap out the above ingredients for all organic products and if you or anyone in your family has a dairy intolerance, use coconut, almond or goats milk, kefir, amasai or ghee.
- Heat oven to 200 degrees.
- Prepare the veggies by finely chopping the onion and celery. each of the following. Grate the carrot and zucchini. You want to ensure the pieces are small enough to mix in evenly with the mince.
- Mince the garlic.
- Combine the garlic and chopped veggies with the mince and egg in a large bowl.
- Working with one sheet of pasty at a time, add ¼ of the bowl mixture into a column down one long edge and roll up carefully. Press down to seal.
- Using a knife, cut into your desired number of pieces depending on whether you want larger or smaller sausage rolls. We cut into 7 pieces.
- Brush with a light layer of milk and bake on a lined baking tray in the oven for 20-25 minutes until top is nicely golden.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack, then transfer to an airtight container or serve straight away.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
More About Sophie:
Sophie Guidolin is an Australian born author, with her 7 published recipe books being loved to death in tens of thousands of households. She is the queen of multitasking, thrives on organised chaos and creates nourishing goodness from her family kitchen in the NSW coast.
Along with being a mother-of-four, Sophie is a nutritionist, recipe creator, personal trainer, fitness model, professional IFBB bikini athlete and writer, and relishes in the craziness of it all! She still gets butterflies from her husband, Nathan and savours every quiet second they can squeeze in with their four kids, including their twin girls.
Sophie lives for the days spent in the kitchen cooking, but when she is not, she is never far from her children, usually at the beach or nestled with a book somewhere sunny. Sophie is also the OG of THE BOD, a global movement of men and women changing their lives for the better through nutrition and exercise.