How to Maximise Shelf Life
We've sourced some useful tips and tricks to expand the shelf life of all foods without having to purchase frozen or canned alternatives loaded with preservatives. Correct food storage practice will prevent spoiling and also make sure all of your quality pantry foods remain fresh
- How long do raw chilli's last in the fridge? The precise answer to that question depends to a large extent on storage conditions - after purchasing, keep chilli peppers refrigerated at all times.
- To maximize the shelf life of raw chilli's, store in a paper bag in the vegetable crisper of the refrigerator.
- How long do raw chilli's last in the refrigerator? Properly stored, chilli's will usually keep well for 1 week in the fridge.
- Can you freeze chillies? Yes, to freeze: Slice or chop the peppers, then place in airtight containers or heavy-duty freezer bags, or wrap tightly in heavy-duty aluminium foil or plastic wrap.
- How long do chilli's last in the freezer? Properly stored, they will maintain their best quality for about 10 to 12 months but will remain safe beyond that time.
- The freezer time shown is for best quality only - chilli's that have been kept constantly frozen at 0° c will keep safe indefinitely.
- How to tell if chillies are bad or spoiled? Chilli's that are spoiling will typically become soft and discoloured; discard any chilli's s that have an off smell or appearance.
Sydney Delivery Zone
If you're in the Eastern Suburbs, Sydney Delivery Zone - All products can be ordered and will be shipped via our BioHax Delivery service. Delivery 7 days from 8am-8pm.
Out of Sydney Delivery Zone, NSW & Australia
If you're out of the Sydney Delivery Zone - only non-perishables can be ordered and are shipped via Sendle for (Metro) and Australia Post (Regional)
Out of Sydney Delivery Zone - 3-5 Days
NSW & Australia - 3-7 Days
Only non-perishables can be ordered and are shipped via (Australia Post)
International Delivery Times - 5-10 Days
Product Categories Explained:
Non-Perishables = essential oils, beauty and cooking oils, raw minerals and supplements
Dry goods = herbs, spices, coffee
Perishables = vegetables, herbs, fruit, eggs, F&G boxes, stock broth and liquid broth
Can I request to sign for my order?
Please advise if you would like to physically sign for your package and we will ensure the driver does not leave your order until it has been signed. This information is acquired during the checkout process, before payment, under “delivery instructions”. We also ship to PO boxes by only if shipping is via Australia Post. If you would like to sign for your order and it’s being shipped via Australia Post, there is an additional $2 service fee.
Note: if you request for your order to be signed on delivery and no one is home to sign when the courier arrives, we are unable to take responsibility for any items that have spoiled as a result of being returned to our third-party transport company.
If it is perishable items (fresh produce & broth), we prefer not to leave it outside for more than an hour and recommend having someone home; friend, neighbour or family member to sign for it.