Australian Green clay is one of the strongest clay's for detoxification. It cleanses and purifies the skin and beneficial for those who are prone to acne or oily skin. The combination of Kaolin and Quartz balances the oiliness and assists in the reduction of blemishes and scars and to strengthen and tone the skin.
All Green clay powders owe their individual colour to their iron oxides and plant material content. Anti-inflammatory properties are often attributed to green clay. Green clay powder has also been known to be used for healing, including a French study which showed it prevents umbilical cord infections.
This content is strictly the researched opinion of BioHax Australia and is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of medical advice or treatment from a personal doctor or health care professional. All viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither BioHax Australia nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their doctor before beginning any nutrition, supplement or lifestyle program.
Why Buy Clay in its Purest Powder Form?
You’re more than welcome to buy expensive plastic tubes at the cosmetics counters, but if we are to learn something from our ancestors; the ancient Egyptians, Greeks and Romans knew a mud bath or face mask of clay didn’t cost much at all. We provide this product in eco-friendly packaging, which his far more beneficial to the environment and doesn’t contain added perfumes or synthetic ingredients.
What’s in Kaolin Green Clay?
The main component contained in kaolin green clay is layered silicate mineral called kaolinite, along with Quartz. It also contains neutral pH levels, which doesn’t leave your skin dry. This variation is green in colour due to their iron oxides and plant material content.
What products contain Kaolin clay?
Kaolin is one of the most popular clay’s used in skincare today, because it’s the gentlest on our skin (specifically the face) and produces the best results, as it removes excess oil without over-drying the skin.
Kaolin clay can also be found in the following skin care products:
- Organic deodorants
- Clay face masks
- Clay body masks (most commonly your cleavage)
- Clay hair mask (to boost circulation and strengthen roots)
- Clay bath powder (in conjunction with essential oils)
- Mineral makeup (provides a mat finish which lasts longer reducing oil)
Why Do People Love Kaolin Clay?
Kaolin gently exfoliates toxins, debris and dead skin cells from your face, while penetrating deep into your pores, to further extract any impurities and help maintain a clean, youthful glow. It also improves blood circulation to the face for regeneration of skin cells.
You can also combine kaolin green clay with your favourite essential oil or other anti-aging ingredient to rejuvenate tired, dry or old skin.
Do You Want to Try it Yourself?
Adding water before you apply the clay provides the required charge to the minerals found in the clay. This negative charge ensures clay particles work effectively on the skin, such as binding toxins and sebum. As to not interfere with this activation, it is best to mix your clay paste in a ceramic bowl, NOT a metal one.
It is also best practice never to leave a clay mask on your face for too long and remove it before it has completely dried out. This will prevent over-drying and keep your skin from feeling to tight or damaged afterwards. Always ensure you use plenty of water and remove all clay particles from your face.
- Perfect for acne or oily skin
- Revitalises the skin and ideal for body wraps and face masks
- Heals wounds, cuts and insect bites
- Gently tones the skin
- Good for oral health and is found in toothpaste
- Hair care – boosts circulation and strengthens roots
How to Purchase and Use Green Kaolin Clay
- Clay should not come contact with anything metal, as it reduces its effectiveness.
- Must not have any artificial colours.
- Must not have a fragrance (essential oils can be added from a trusted supplier after you purchase the product).
- Combine 1 teaspoon of warm purified water in glass bowl, (optional a few drops of manuka honey) 3-4 teaspoons of Kaolin green clay and stir until it turns into a solid, opaque paste which spreads easily.
- Optional: add 2 drops of an essential oils (i.e. frankincense or lavender etc.), 2 drops of carrier oil (dilutes essential oils such as coconut, olive, jojoba, argan or avocado oil etc) and mix through.
- Then apply to the face with a brush or your fingers (specifically where you have blemishes, red spots, irritations or scarring) and let it dry out for about 15-20 minutes, wash off in warm water, followed by cold water to close the pores and moisturise to finish.
- Use a dark coloured towel in case it may leave stains.
- For best results it is recommended to use a clay mask once or twice per week.
- For cuts or bug bites, apply a concentrated amount of the clay directly onto the problem area and cover with a Band-Aid, let it sit for about 2 hours, then rinse it off.
If you Plan on Consuming Kaolin Clay by Eating or Drinking, Try This:
- Drink 1/2 to 1 teaspoon once per day, preferable on an empty stomach either before bed OR 2 hours before or after food. Clay is hard to mix with water and will stick to the sides of the glass, so try putting the teaspoon of clay directly in your mouth and then drink straight away to wash it down.
- For oral hygiene try gargling the clay in your mouth with water for anywhere between 30 secs to 1 minute, (just like a normal mouthwash, except it clay doesn’t contain any alcohol or impurities), then spit it out and rinse with water.
Sydney Delivery Zone
If you're in the Eastern Suburbs, Sydney Delivery Zone - All products can be ordered and will be shipped via our BioHax Delivery service. Delivery 7 days from 8am-8pm.
Out of Sydney Delivery Zone, NSW & Australia
If you're out of the Sydney Delivery Zone - only non-perishables can be ordered and are shipped via Sendle for (Metro) and Australia Post (Regional)
Out of Sydney Delivery Zone - 3-5 Days
NSW & Australia - 3-7 Days
Only non-perishables can be ordered and are shipped via (Australia Post)
International Delivery Times - 5-10 Days
Product Categories Explained:
Non-Perishables = essential oils, beauty and cooking oils, raw minerals and supplements
Dry goods = herbs, spices, coffee
Perishables = vegetables, herbs, fruit, eggs, F&G boxes, stock broth and liquid broth
Can I request to sign for my order?
Please advise if you would like to physically sign for your package and we will ensure the driver does not leave your order until it has been signed. This information is acquired during the checkout process, before payment, under “delivery instructions”. We also ship to PO boxes by only if shipping is via Australia Post. If you would like to sign for your order and it’s being shipped via Australia Post, there is an additional $2 service fee.
Note: if you request for your order to be signed on delivery and no one is home to sign when the courier arrives, we are unable to take responsibility for any items that have spoiled as a result of being returned to our third-party transport company.
If it is perishable items (fresh produce & broth), we prefer not to leave it outside for more than an hour and recommend having someone home; friend, neighbour or family member to sign for it.