Health Benefits of Basmati White Rice?
Basmati rice has lower saturated fats content which makes it a healthy option for your heart. However, the unsaturated fats present in Basmati rice have less bad cholesterol and it prevents clotting. Moreover, a high amount of fiber provides a healthy cardiovascular system..
How to Cook Rice:
Always rinse your rice until the water runs clear in a cup. Place the rinsed rice in a pot with 2¼ cups of water (1 cup of water for a rice cooker), cover with a well-fitting lid and simmer over a low heat for 30-45 minutes. For something a little exotic, try a pilaf; cook the rice in broth instead of water and sprinkle with roasted pistachios, cranberries, raisins, cumin and fresh coriander.
Preservative Free, Chemical Free, Pesticide Free, GMO Free, Vegan.
No Known Allergens.
This product may have been manufactured, packaged and/or stored in a facility that processes nuts, dairy, gluten, soy, sesame seeds, sulphites, eggs and/or other allergens.
**ALWAYS WASH YOUR RICE PRIOR TO COOKING**
How to Store Brown Rice:
- How long does brown rice last at room temperature? Properly stored, a package of brown rice will generally stay at best quality for about 3-6 months at room temperature.
- Due to the high oil content of brown rice, pantry storage will cause it to spoil relatively quickly compared to white rice.
- To maximize the shelf life of brown rice once the package is opened, transfer brown rice to a covered airtight container or place original brown rice bag in a resealable plastic freezer bag.
- Can you keep brown rice in the fridge or freezer? Yes, to further extend the shelf life of brown rice, refrigerate or freeze it; place the brown rice inside covered airtight containers or heavy-duty freezer bags.
- How long does brown rice last in the fridge? Brown rice will maintain best quality for about 6-12 months in the refrigerator.
- How long does brown rice last in the freezer? Properly stored, brown rice will maintain best quality for about 12-18 months in the freezer but will remain safe beyond that time.
- The freezer time shown is for best quality only — brown rice that has been kept constantly frozen at 0° F will keep safe indefinitely.
- Is brown rice safe to use after the "expiration" date on the package? Yes, provided it is properly stored and the package is undamaged - commercially packaged brown rice will typically carry a " Best By," "Best if Used By," "Best Before", or "Best When Used By" date but this is not a safety date, it is the manufacturer's estimate of how long the brown rice will remain at peak quality.
- Storage time shown is for best quality only - after that, the brown rice's texture, color or flavor may change, but in most cases, it will still be safe to consume if it has been stored properly, the package is undamaged, and there are no signs of spoilage (see below).
- How can you tell if brown rice is bad or spoiled? The best way is to smell and look at the brown rice: if the brown rice develops an off odor, flavor or appearance, or if insects appear, it should be discarded.
Sydney Delivery Zone
If you're in the Eastern Suburbs, Sydney Delivery Zone - All products can be ordered and will be shipped via our BioHax Delivery service. Delivery 7 days from 8am-8pm.
Out of Sydney Delivery Zone, NSW & Australia
If you're out of the Sydney Delivery Zone - only non-perishables can be ordered and are shipped via Sendle for (Metro) and Australia Post (Regional)
Out of Sydney Delivery Zone - 3-5 Days
NSW & Australia - 3-7 Days
Only non-perishables can be ordered and are shipped via (Australia Post)
International Delivery Times - 5-10 Days
Product Categories Explained:
Non-Perishables = essential oils, beauty and cooking oils, raw minerals and supplements
Dry goods = herbs, spices, coffee
Perishables = vegetables, herbs, fruit, eggs, F&G boxes, stock broth and liquid broth
Can I request to sign for my order?
Please advise if you would like to physically sign for your package and we will ensure the driver does not leave your order until it has been signed. This information is acquired during the checkout process, before payment, under “delivery instructions”. We also ship to PO boxes by only if shipping is via Australia Post. If you would like to sign for your order and it’s being shipped via Australia Post, there is an additional $2 service fee.
Note: if you request for your order to be signed on delivery and no one is home to sign when the courier arrives, we are unable to take responsibility for any items that have spoiled as a result of being returned to our third-party transport company.
If it is perishable items (fresh produce & broth), we prefer not to leave it outside for more than an hour and recommend having someone home; friend, neighbour or family member to sign for it.