How Long Does Bok Choy Last?
- The answer to that question depends to a large extent on storage conditions - after purchasing, keep bok choy refrigerated at all times.
- To maximize the shelf life of bok choy, refrigerate in plastic bag and do not wash until ready to use.
- How long does bok choy last in the fridge? Properly stored, bok choy will usually keep well for about 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator.
- Can you freeze bok choy? Yes, to freeze: (1) Wash leaves thoroughly and cut off woody stems; (2) Blanch (plunge into boiling water) bok choy for two minutes and chill quickly in ice cold water; (3) Drain off excess moisture, package in airtight containers or freezer bags and freeze immediately.
- How long does bok choy last in the freezer? Properly stored, bok choy will maintain best quality in the freezer for about 12 months, but will remain safe beyond that time.
- The freezer time shown is for best quality only - bok choy that has been kept constantly frozen at 0°F will keep safe indefinitely.
- How to tell if bok choy is bad or spoiled? Bok choy that is spoiling will typically become soft and discolored; discard any bok choy that has an off smell or appearance.
Sydney Delivery Zone
If you're in the Eastern Suburbs, Sydney Delivery Zone - All products can be ordered and will be shipped via our BioHax Delivery service. Delivery 7 days from 8am-8pm.
Out of Sydney Delivery Zone, NSW & Australia
If you're out of the Sydney Delivery Zone - only non-perishables can be ordered and are shipped via Sendle for (Metro) and Australia Post (Regional)
Out of Sydney Delivery Zone - 3-5 Days
NSW & Australia - 3-7 Days
Only non-perishables can be ordered and are shipped via (Australia Post)
International Delivery Times - 5-10 Days
Product Categories Explained:
Non-Perishables = essential oils, beauty and cooking oils, raw minerals and supplements
Dry goods = herbs, spices, coffee
Perishables = vegetables, herbs, fruit, eggs, F&G boxes, stock broth and liquid broth
Can I request to sign for my order?
Please advise if you would like to physically sign for your package and we will ensure the driver does not leave your order until it has been signed. This information is acquired during the checkout process, before payment, under “delivery instructions”. We also ship to PO boxes by only if shipping is via Australia Post. If you would like to sign for your order and it’s being shipped via Australia Post, there is an additional $2 service fee.
Note: if you request for your order to be signed on delivery and no one is home to sign when the courier arrives, we are unable to take responsibility for any items that have spoiled as a result of being returned to our third-party transport company.
If it is perishable items (fresh produce & broth), we prefer not to leave it outside for more than an hour and recommend having someone home; friend, neighbour or family member to sign for it.